My name is Jean Paul Da Silva De Goes and I'm 17 years old
I took my first windsurfing class in 2007 at the age of 8. In 2009 I competed for the first time in the Curacao Challenge 2009 (First Edition), winning 1st Place Rookies 10-11 years. That was the beginning of my windsurfing dream... and since then, I started practicing more often. But it was in 2011, when I started practicing on a daily basis, that my dreams grew bigger, wanting to become a Professional Windsurfer.
Nowadays, I practice as much as possible during the week when the wind and school work permits, enjoying the windsurfing sport to the most. I love Slalom, because racing on the water gives me a lot of adrenaline especially when I'm close to other competitors in high speeds. I love to travel around the world to compete in windsurfing competitions, learn as much as I can from the other windsurfers and the Professional riders, have fun, and meet new friends.
Starboard, Insel Air, Windsurfing Curacao
OBJECTIVES FOR 2015:
My immediate goals for 2016 are to keep training as much as possible, to try to achieve top three in local and international competitions.
Competitions that I will attend in 2016:
- January 31: WSV Slalom Series I (Course Race), St Jorisbaai, Curacao. ✓
- February 21: WSV Down Wind Slalom Series II, Spanish Waters, Curacao. ✓
- March 13: WSV Down Wind Slalom Series III, St. Jorisbaai, Curacao.
- March 25-27: CurSailing Surf & Sail 2016, Spanish Waters, Curacao.
- April 17: WSV Down Wind Slalom series IV St. Jorisbaai, Curacao.
- May 5-8: Curacao Challenge 2016, Curacao.
- June 12: WSV Down Wind Slalom Series V St. Jorisbaai, Curacao.
- June 16-19: Sorobon Masters, Bonaire.
- July: Endless Summer Sports Festival 2016, Curacao.
- August 21: WSV Down Wind Slalom Series VI St Jorisbaai, Curacao.
- September 18: WSV Down Wind Slalom Series VII St Jorisbaai, Curacao.
- October 23: WSV Down Wind Slalom Series VIII St Joris baai, Curacao.
- November: Miami Slalom Open 2016, Miami
- November 20: WSV Down Wind Slalom Series IX St Jorisbaai, Curacao
- December 11: WSV Down Wind Slalom Series X Spaanse Water, Curacao
MY GEAR FOR THIS YEAR 2015:
Starboard I-Sonic Boards: 97Lt Carbon 2016, 114 Lt Carbon 2016.
Severne Sails: 5.6 Reflex 5, 6.2 Reflex 6, 7.0 Reflex 7, 7.8 Reflex 7, 8.6 Reflex 7.
Drake Fins: SLDW 32cm, 34cm, 36cm, 38cm
IFJU Fins: 36cm, 38cm, 40cm